Bloody Hell, Texas, and Periods At Work

This is one of the many reasons they call it "the curse": When I was young, my periods were irregular and also didn't give me much warning that they were coming such as cramping or backache. 

One day, I went with my boss to make a deposit at the bank. We worked for a jewelry store in a mall and the company policy required two people to both count the money and make the deposit. We rode to the bank in my bosses truck.

When we returned to the mall where the jewelry store was located, a lady came from behind me and said "Excuse me, but I think you have a problem back there."

OMG- I had gotten my period while riding to the bank in my bosses truck!! The back of my dress was blood stained!

I tied my jacket around my waist and disappeared into the bathroom of the jewelry store to wash my skirt. I could still use the jacket until it dried, I thought. 

Then I realized that I had probably bled on the seat of my bosses truck.

I told my boss that I thought I had dropped my keys on the floorboard of his truck and asked for his car keys. Then I swiped some paper towels, some with soap and some with water, and went to see what, if any, damage I had caused to his truck. 

Yep, I had bled onto the seat of my bosses truck. But I was able to clean the seat well enough with the paper towels that I thought he wouldn't notice. 

Blood, especially dried blood, can be difficult to clean. 

But I was able to get to the "scene of the crime" before the blood was fully set in the Texas heat (because it was only about 9 am when we went to the bank) and managed to erase the crime scene evidence I had left there. 

I don't think my boss ever knew that any of this had happened or if he did, he sure didn't say anything about it. 

I'm still mortified about this 30 years later. 

San Bolognio, who leaves period prints in their bosses car? Not me!

C YA, 
Bloody Hell, Texas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye to my daughter.

"Mewling, puking babes, " Jean Shepherd

Danse Macabre