Kavanaugh- Hearing and Senate Judiciary vote

I watched most parts of the Ford/Kavanaugh committee hearing and was at lunch when the Senate Judiciary Committe voted to move Kavanaugh out of Committee.

What a dramatic day!

I was late returning to work because of the delays in voting.

I hope my boss doesn't notice.

The hearing: I felt that the special questioner, Rachel Mitchell, was fair with Dr Ford.

But I wondered why Mitchell was "disappeared" so quickly when it was Kavanaugh's turn to be questioned.

I felt that Dr Ford did well and I found her to be credible and honest.

I was not impressed withKavanaugh. His claim that everyone is "conspiring" against him is not believable.
I found him evasive, angry, argumentative and was surprised that he was so hostile to Democratic questions. He was interviewing for a job here and angering the person/people who is/are responsible for your "hiring" is probably a poor plan. He strikes me as an "entitled frat boy"

After Rachel Mitchell disappeared, it seemed the hearing became just and "Atta Boy. We love you!" pat-on-the-back session. 

Since then, Trump has ordered the much-wanted FBI investigation.

I don't think Kavanaugh will survive this. I think Kavanaugh will drop out since he is unlikely to pass the reopened FBI investigation. (His friend Judge is now willing to speak with the FBI.)

I think they won't start vetting a second candidate this week because it would suggest they are ready to let Kavanaugh go, encouraging him to drop out, and embarrassing both Kvanaugh and the GOP.

I also think it's too late to cram another candidate through before the midterms.
If you told Trump:

"Hey Trump, you know what Obama was a huge failure at? Getting Merrick Garland on the court.I bet if you were to do that, even the Dems would praise you! And Garland is half-vetted already, so you could get him in before the midterms.
Whatcha think about that buddy?"

....you know the moron would go for it!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye to my daughter.

"Mewling, puking babes, " Jean Shepherd

Kevin Spacey