A Cautionary Tale About the Dangers of Tide Pods

My first Blogpost!

And it is a "guest column".



"Them Damn Kids Eatin' Tide Pods - A Cautionary Tale

It breaks this old man's heart to drive by a laundromat and see all those kooky teens hanging around, 
foaming at the mouth, camera-phones streaming live as they gnaw on Tide Pods.

Oh sure, they're havin' fun now, and it's a new experience, but it only leads to trouble.

I know. Believe you me…..It's too damn easy to succumb to peer pressure, and end up with a bad habit.
You see, I was a dumb kid once, and I too experimented with 'Liquid Soap'. I started out innocently 
“Sippin' The Snug” with my buds in a friend's mom's laundry room every now an' then, but things got outa hand, 
and quickly spiraled out of control….before I realized it, ~I~ was a stone-cold Snuggle Addict. 
A Snug Hugging 'beast of the bear'….



Soon I found myself mainlining pure, undiluted Snuggle, alone, in my own laundry room. Directly into the jugular vein. 
I was hooked: I had a bear on my back. I was strung out on “The Snug”. Snuggles The Bear was with me everywhere 
I went looking for my next floral fresh fix, whispering in my ear about getting even fluffier and... softer.

There were many days when I'd snap outa my blissful “Snug Nap” reeking of lavender with a hint of citrus, all soft and fluffy….
so static free that I couldn't keep my pants up. I had hit rock bottom, and I bounced like a jug of Snuggle rebounding off 
a fluffy folded towel in slow motion as Snuggy smiled at me with his dead button eyes….just like in the commercials.

It was only through the intervention of Mr. Clean that I finally cleaned up my act, and returned to the land of the wrinkled 
and scratchy-feeling world. Thanks to that silent bald bastard and his mop and pail, I had finally got Snuggles The Bear
off my back. I wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy. So when I see those kooky kids popping a Tide Pod
in their mouth, it makes me want to -

WTF?


Damn…..I wonder if Walmart is open all night? I'll get back to you kids later. I gotta go see a bear about some 'Snug'……"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye to my daughter.

"Mewling, puking babes, " Jean Shepherd

Kevin Spacey